Friday, June 15, 2007

Hit The Books


As set as I am for a summer of bikinis, pool parties and relaxation, 12 years of uniform-wearing and backpack-toting have lent a sort of comforting sense to academic style. Perhaps this is only a product of my nostalgia less than 7 hours after my own high school graduation, but I don't think I'm the only one who can't resist a little collegiate charm. With oxford shoes and knee-socks popping up everywhere from MisShapes to Paris fashion week and even the notoriously sloppy Mary-Kate trading in her baggy layers for a more refined sensibility, it seems fashion is yearning to take up its place within ivy-covered walls.


Oh, and in case you're wondering...the background is indeed my own school and the bottom picture is myself and my friends in the outfit I've worn every day since I was 5. Think I could pull off wearing it to lectures next year at NYU?

1 comment:

Mrs Fashion said...

Love your collage!
Mrs F x